These brussel sprouts are crispy and crunchy from bits of pork belly goodness. Even if you don’t like brussel sprouts, we think this one may convert you into a believer. It is fool proof and super easy too. Here’s how we did.
- 4 oz pork belly, sliced into ¼” pieces (Note: You can substitute bacon.)
- 2-3 cups brussel sprouts, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2-3 Tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbls MOB Chilean Chimichurri sauce
- ½ lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the pork belly in a cast iron pan with a lid. Put the pan in the oven and crisp up pork belly for 15-20 mins, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Remove pork belly from the oven. Using a slotted spoon, remove pork belly and place on a plate.
- Add sliced brussel sprouts, flat side down to the pan. Sprinkle it with salt and place in the oven. Roast for 15 mins. Remove from the oven and stir. Add the pork belly and place in the oven for an additional 5 mins.
- Remove from the oven and place in a bowl. Add the chimichurri and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine. Squeeze lemon juice over the top and serve.