Chimichurri Twice Baked Potatoes- Great Appetizer or Side Dish
We love these twice baked potatoes year round. They are a great side dish to any entree as well as a nice appetizer if you use a smaller petite russet. Of course, we had to add some of our Chilean Chimichurri inside and on top. And we are glad we did! These babies are delicious!
Here’s how we did it!
- 2 large Russet potatoes
- ½ cup sour cream, plus more for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup full-fat milk
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp MOB Chilean Chimichurri, plus more for on top
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3⁄4 cup grated white cheddar cheese, divided
- Wrap potatoes in foil and bake potatoes in a 375 degree oven for 1 hour or until tender. Allow to cool 10-15 minutes.
- Then slice them in half lengthwise and scoop out the potato interior into a bowl, leaving a little on skin so they don’t break. Save the skins.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients except 1/4 cup cheese with a whisk or hand mixer until well blended and creamy. If not creamy enough add a bit more milk.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Spoon potato mixture evenly into shells.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Return stuffed potatoes to the oven until the cheese is golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and plate. Top with more chimichurri and sour cream. Serve immediately.